The Slow School of Business…
Melbourne-based The Slow School of Business is a people-powered learning community with a global focus on driving business with purpose. The school seeks to help build purpose-driven and prosperous organisations to collectively make this world a better place.
With more than 14 years business experience, Carolyn has written four books, including Conscious Marketing. She loves to quote that “87% of people are making a ‘dying’ at work instead of a living.”
Today, Carolyn shares with us the school’s strategic transformational learning principles such as learning by doing, how to build a business plan on a tree, and having a deeper understanding of why you are here.
Join our chat as we discover and discuss
- What is The Slow School of Business? And why it exists!
- The Slow School collective
- The school’s five core principles:
- The Power of Conscious Marketing and what it is
- Carolyn’s journey from following a traditional business model to launching The Slow School of Business
- The importance of starting your business with an open mind
- Their biggest challenges in a start-up business
- Why being naive is great in starting a business
- The person Carolyn would choose as her mentor – if she could choose anyone.
- Finally, what’s on Carolyn’s bucket list this year
- If we don’t change what’s wired in business, in capitalism, in government, and in institutions and hierarchies around the world, then we’re not going to have a future and a planet to live on. @carolyntateco @slowschoolofbiz
- Have a mind and a business that’s open to everything, that’s scouting for the opportunities, and closed to nothing! @carolyntateco
- By focusing on purpose and people, and building a product together, you can then build a prosperous business. @carolyntateco @slowschoolofbiz
- We [@slowschoolofbiz] have a very clear vision of millions of people in businesses working on purpose. @carolyntateco
- @slowschoolofbiz is a business school that teaches the purpose principles. @carolyntateco
- What we teach are the human skills that are required to adapt to this volatile and uncertain world. @carolyntateco @slowschoolofbiz
- We have to unlearn everything we’ve been taught today and learn new ways of being in the world and being in business. Essentially, that is why we – @slowschoolofbiz – exist. @carolyntateco
- The Slow School of Business
- Carolyn’s book Conscious Marketing
- Viktor Frankl’s book Man’s Search for Meaning
- Connect with Carolyn on Twitter @carolyntateco
- Understanding what you don’t do is as important as understanding what you do do.
- Your business and personal values need to be aligned.
- Find yourself a community of like-minded people to keep you motivated and inspired.
Have a mind that is open to everything and closed to nothing.
A question for discussion/comment
How do you find the balance between having an open mind to everything and closed to nothing but at the same time, not chase the bright, shiny objects?
Gratitude – I am very grateful to…
Launching support team: