Nature nurtures, … its time to nurture nature.
“Is it Nurture, or Nature?” in the book Fit For Purpose Leadership #3 (to be released early 2018)
Below you will find a list of references –
Although some of the items are not directly referenced to in the book the list will grow as I expand my research.
Not in the chapter
- Williams. F. This Is Your Brain on Nature, National Geographic.
- Is There an Ecological Unconscious? New York Times.
- Roberts. (Nov 8. 2011) M. The Touchy-Feely (But Totally Scientific!) Methods Of Wallace J. Nichols, Outside
- Haile. R. (Jun 2017)‘Forest Bathing’: How Microdosing on Nature Can Help With Stress
- Dept of Environmental Conservation. Immerse Yourself in a Forest for Better Health, New York State
- Townsend. M. Henderson-Wilson. C. Warner. E. and Weiss. L. School of Health and Social Development. Deakin University. Healthy Parks Healthy People: the state of the evidence 2015. Parks Victoria Australia
In the chapter
- Barton. J. & Pretty J. (2010) What is the Best Dose of Nature and Green Exercise for Improving Mental Health? Environmental Science & Technology 2010 44 (10), 3947-3955, DOI: 10.1021/es903183r
- Williams. F. (2017) The Nature Fix, W.W. Norton & Company
- Kerr. F. Dr. (Feb 28, 2018), Purpose.do Conference Sydney, Wildwon
- William Pitt (1708-1778) the Earl of Chatham – UK, is attributed for coining the phrase “Lungs of London”.
- Ming. K. (Sep 16, 2015) Immune system may be the pathway between nature and good health. University of Illinois College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences. ScienceDaily.
- Nichols. W.J. ( 2015 ), Blue Mind, Back Bay Books
- Reynolds. G. (July 22, 2015), How Walking in Nature Changes the Brain, New York Times
- Selhub. E. and Logan A.C. (2013), Your Brain on Nature, Collins
- Ward Thompson. C (2017) Greenspace, health and quality of life as part of the ‘Hard facts about soft values’. Youtube.